30 Jun COVID-19
Health and Safety Measures
What safety measures have you implemented at the casino?
- In compliance with Saskatchewan public health orders, casinos are currently restricted to an occupancy of 30 customers
- All team members and guests must pass a pre-screening process prior to casino entry
- In compliance with Saskatchewan public health orders, all team members and guests are required to wear a non-medical mask
- Non-contact temperature checks will be administered upon entry. Guests with an observed reading above 38.0 degrees Celsius or 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit will not be permitted entry
- All team members and guests must sanitize their hands prior to casino entry
- Casino guests must register upon entry to assist with contact tracing and notification of possible exposure
- Physical distancing is encouraged and enhanced with signage and Plexiglass dividers
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes are readily available for all guests
- High touch areas are cleaned frequently and deep cleans are performed twice per day
- Slot machines and table games are sanitized upon request and after each use
- Where possible, close contact and required touchpoints have been eliminated
- All team members have received training on Covid-19 safety protocols
What are you doing to protect your staff?
All team members have been trained on new COVID19 health and safety protocols. They are required to pass a pre-screening process before each shift, wear a facemask, and sanitize their hands often, specifically before and after each interaction with guests, after breaks, and prior to entering or exiting the gaming floor. Workstations have been situated to allow for two meters of physical distancing.
Are you providing any personal protective equipment (PPE) for customers?
Yes, masks, gloves, and sanitizer will be provided as needed or requested.
How often are you cleaning the slot machines and electronic table games?
These will be cleaned at a minimum every hour or after every use.
How often are you cleaning the bathrooms?
These will be cleaned at a minimum every hour.
What cleaning products are you using?
We use proven effective disinfectants approved for use by the government of Saskatchewan, containing a minimum of 70% alcohol (EP50 – EP66), as well as Lysol wipes.
Are out-of-province guests allowed into the casino?
Yes. Travel restrictions and public health guidelines currently allow people to travel anywhere in western Canada. The guest must still pass the pre-screening protocol.
Are out-of-country guests allowed into the casino?
We do not expect out-of-country guests to be visiting our casinos at this time but if there is they will also go through the pre-screening process to ensure that they have self-quarantined for at least 14 days before being permitted entry.
If a guest is showing signs of COVID19 will you ask them to leave?
Each person will be pre-screened before entering any SIGA casino and, if someone is exhibiting signs of COVID-19, they will be asked the pre-screening questions again, specifically if they have had any reason to come into contact with someone with COVID-19. If SIGA management determines there’s any additional risk, then we will ask the guest to leave and encourage them to call Healthline 811.
What will you do if people don’t physically distance themselves while gaming?
Families and friends within an extended household contact group can be closer than two meters if they are not high-risk according to the Government of Saskatchewan guidelines. If it is assumed that two people who are sitting together do not fit this description, we will ask them to keep two meters of physical distance and ensure they are wearing a mask or face shield.
Do you have any air quality precautions?
We have increased the fresh air intake in all our Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems.
What are you going to do if one of your employees or guest gets sick with COVID19?
We have implemented contact tracing for guests, and have tracing measures in place through employee time clocks to support rapid identification of anyone they may have been in contact with. Our team members are trained on what to do should there be a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19, and we will work with the Saskatchewan Health Authority to respond quickly and appropriately.
Promotions and Draws
At this time, we are able to offer our members free rewards and promotions that do no require large crowds, line-ups, close contact, or increased touchpoints. For more information, please click on the “Promotions’ tab of your favourite SIGA Casino’s website.
Member Rewards Including Free Play
In order to prevent line-ups and reduce touchpoints with SIGA team members, we are limited in the amount of offers we can send to members. As safety precautions are lifted, we will be able to increase the number of offers to members. If you wish to receive information and future rewards from SIGA Casinos, update your member account with a valid email address today.
Member Points Balance
During the time of our casino closure, your Club account points did not expire. To view your points balance and redeem them for cash, simply insert your Club card into any slot machine and follow the prompts. If you require assistance, please ask any SIGA team member.
Casino Registration upon Entry and Exit
All guests will be required to register at a kiosk upon entering the casino. The purpose is to assist with contact tracing in the event of potential exposure of COVID-19. Guests have four options:
- If you are an existing Players Club Member, simply swipe your Club card at the kiosk
- You can become a new member for free, plus receive $10 in free play. Show ID, then swipe your new Club card at the kiosk
- If you do not wish to become a member, you can opt for an AccessCard. Show ID and we will collect your first name, last name, and phone number. Then, swipe your new card at the kiosk. Your card will not work in slot machines and you will not receive Club benefits
- Show ID and we will record your first name, last name, phone number, and time of entry/exit
The Rewards Centre kiosks have been temporarily repurposed to assist us in registering guests as they enter and exit SIGA Casinos.
Promotions, Entertainment, and Events
Due to safety recommendations with touchpoints, close-contact, and large gatherings, casino promotions, entertainment, and events are temporarily postponed. We hope to provide safe alternatives for our members in the near future and we look forward to once-again providing our guests with exciting events once it is safe to do so.
Refund for Cancelled Show
If you have purchased tickets to a SIGA show that has been postponed, your tickets will be valid for the future rescheduled date. These dates will be rebooked once the Saskatchewan Government and Health Authority has deemed it safe to hold large indoor gatherings. If you would like a ticket refund, your options include:
- If you purchased your tickets by credit card online or in-person, please call or visit the Box Office for a refund
- If you purchased your tickets by debit card or cash, please visit the Box Office for a refund
A reduced selection of slot machines are available for play. Physical layouts have been arranged to support two-meter physical distancing. Families and friends within an extended household contact group can be closer than two meters if they are not high-risk according to the Government of Saskatchewan guidelines. Guests not within this description are asked to maintain two meters of physical distance while playing.
Following the Government of Saskatchewan approval, live table games are available at select SIGA Casinos.
Through consultation with the Provincial Government, new health and safety measures have been put in place for the comfort and safety of our guests and staff. In addition to hand sanitizing and mandatory masks, these measures include a maximum of three guests per table, plexi-glass partitions, and players may not handle chips while actively playing. Though your gaming experience may look different, our goal continues to be providing you with a quality entertainment experience. For more information, please click on the ‘Gaming’ tab of your favourite SIGA Casino’s website.
Food & Beverage
The casino restaurants are open with limited menus and reduced operating hours. Due to Saskatchewan public health orders, alcohol service will close at 10 pm each evening. For more information, please click on the ‘Dining’ tab of your favourite SIGA Casino’s website:
- Bear Claw Casino – open Tuesday to Saturday from 5pm to 9pm
- Dakota Dunes Casino – open daily from 5pm to 9pm
- Gold Eagle Casino – open daily from 5pm to 9pm
- Gold Horse Casino – open daily from 5pm to 9pm
- Living Sky Casino – open daily from 5pm to 9pm
- Northern Lights Casino – open daily from 5pm to 9pm
- Painted Hand Casino – open Tuesday to Saturday from 5pm to 9pm
Smoking is permitted in the designated sections of our casinos.
Our coat check service remains temporarily closed according to the government’s recommendations not to provide that service at this time.
Free shuttle service to and from our casinos is temporarily unavailable owed to the public health guidelines and recommendations.
Campers and RVs
Campers and RVs are permitted to park at our casinos. Some restrictions may apply. For more information, please contact the casino directly.